2.20.2007

"the evolution of marc"

I trolled through the marc by marc show to share with you all (since i ignored fashion week in ny - and milan, and now london) and I was met with a suprise. Not necessarily in the clothing, although cute and very marc as usual, but with the designer himself. I'll just show you.
i shared it with amy this morning and she said, 'i love this evolution of marc you're showing me." So maybe you'll love it too.

young marc - so naive, so sweet, so degrassi high...
FALL RTW 2000


grown up marc - so experienced, so loved, so graduate student marc
FALL RTW 2003


everyone loves and knows me marc - so coveted, so successful, so bloated marc.
FALL RTW 2006



and now for the shocker. This picture is only one year later. I seriously saw this pic on style.com and thought, 'that must be mis-captioned.' the mj amy so accurately described as:



marc "ken doll" jacobs - so tan, so buff, so tight shirted.
FALL RTW 2007


what happened to our hipster nerd marc jacobs??
well he made money i guess. i mean, have you seen his store? it's mobbed only in the way people mob stores to stock up on bottled water during high storm alerts...

2 comments:

Gina Kay 1:31 PM  

Ha! I like grad school marc the best.

Joanna Goddard 12:46 AM  

so funny -- i like degrassi!

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP