2.17.2007

weekend breakfast

Many people eat eggs as part of their brunch or breakfast, scrambled, soft boiled, omelettes etc. I'm personally a fan of eggs overeasy - full cooked whites and soft gooey yolk. But that can get old and I'm not a huge fan of cleaning the frying pan. :) Anyway, I thought I would share one of my new methods of preparing eggs - perhaps my new favorite as well.

Baked Eggs - 1 serving
Butter
Cream or whole milk
2 eggs
Salt & pepper
Any extras you may want to add. I added minced tomatoes and onions.

With your oven on broil, add a tiny pat of butter and coat the bottom of the ramekin with milk. This helps prevent the eggs from burning too quickly before it's thoroughly cooked. Throw that in the oven. Add 2 eggs to a bowl salted and peppered. When the milk is bubbling and the butter is melted slowly pour the eggs into the ramekin and toss in a few teaspoons of your extras. (I've used smoked salmon in the past as well.) It should only take about 5-8 minutes to cook depending on your oven and honestly where your shelf is in your oven. It should look bubbly and brown when done - test with a fork. Be sure to watch these little guys, the top can burn before the eggs are fully cooked inside. It's also very important to have the eggs ready before the milk starts bubbling because the mixture can burn very quickly.

enjoy your long weekend!

1 comments:

Anonymous 11:01 PM  

That's the kind of breakfast I could get excited about! Or dinner, for that matter.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP